There are several programs that a first time home buyer can take advantage of. If you are looking to purchase a home within the Bloomington city limits, check into the Home Buyers Club. The program will not only help you understand more about the process of buying a home, and what to expect. But, you may also qualify for up to $5000.00 in closing cost assistance.
I’m here to help you as well. From any questions that you may have before you begin your search, to finding the right home for you. I’ll make sure all of the details are taken care of throughout the entire process, and continue to help you even after closing. Call me at 812-345-3712.
Below is more information about the club. Registration begins soon. Don’t delay!
The City of Bloomington’s Housing and Neighborhood Development (HAND) Department’s Home Buyers Club program offers participants a chance to explore the possibility of affordable home ownership. The Home Buyers Club is comprised of two sessions which are held on two consecutive Saturdays. The first Saturday session is from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and the second Saturday session is from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
The goal of the class is to help first-time homebuyers understand and overcome the obstacles involved in purchasing their first home and what to expect after buying a home.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a housing counselor to discuss any potential obstacles to achieving their goal. Income eligible graduates may qualify for up to $5,000 in Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance from HAND.
- Is home ownership the right option for you?
- Developing a household budget and home buying action plan.
- Developing a savings plan, credit issues and credit repair.
- Working with a realtor and how to locate the right home for you.
- The importance of home inspections and how to value a home.
- Mortgages and how to find the right one for you.
- Home maintenance and protecting your investment.
- Accessing community and neighborhood resources.
Classes scheduled for 2018:
- HBC I: Saturdays, January 20th and 27th
HBC II: Saturdays, February 17th and 24th
- HBC III: Saturdays, April 7th and 14th
- HBC III registration will open on March 5, 2018
- HBC IV: Saturdays, September 15th and 22nd
- HBC IV registration will open on August 6, 2018
All classes are held at City Hall in the Showers Building, 401 N. Morton Street, Bloomington.
The Home Buyers Club is generously sponsored by Fifth Third Bank, Old National Bank and Farmers and Mechanics.
Please direct questions to Dan Niederman, Program Manager, 812-349-3512, firstname.lastname@example.org